Friday, September 09, 2016

Green Day Concert Tickets!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

YES!!

I managed to score tickets to see Green Day in Berkeley on October 20th!!

I've been a member of the Green Day Idiot Club for years. On Tuesday morning, club members were alerted that pre-sale tickets would be available to members this past Wednesday. There are a handful of smaller venues that Green Day will be playing in September/October, as well as larger arena shows in Europe after the new year.

As luck would have it, there were two shows I was trying to get tickets for. They will be playing a show in NYC the same weekend that we'll be there. Also, the last show of this tour will be in Berkeley at a smaller venue.

Tickets went on sale for club members Wednesday morning at 9:00am in the time zone of the club. That meant that I was up and ready to buy tickets at 6:00am. Unfortunately, the pre-sale tickets for both shows that I was interested in sold out immediately, even for those of us who got onto the site as soon as they were released. It was very frustrating. I had several friends trying to get tickets, and none of us had any luck.

Tickets were made available to the general public this morning. I knew it was a long-shot, but I woke up again and was ready at 6:00am to try to get tickets for the NYC show. Again, no luck at all. I went back to bed knowing there was very little chance that I'd be able to get tickets for this concert tour.

I was back at it at 9:00 for the Berkeley show.

Instead of being denied right away, I was brought to this screen which said I was "in line" for tickets, and to hold on. It also said that being inline didn't guarantee tickets, but it was further than I'd made it before.

I watched this screen for about 10 minutes before it started to make progress...



Eventually, it brought me to a screen that said I could purchase a maximum of 2 tickets!!

YES!!

After creating an account for Ticketfly (which was pretty stressful because it wasn't taking my info) I was eventually able to secure two tickets for the October 20th show in Berkeley!!

I'm so crazy excited.

I started doing the Snoopy Happy Dance right away in front of Dick and Wallace. Wallace was very confused and wasn't sure what to do with me. :)



Green Day!!!

No comments: