Monday, July 18, 2016

Snowy and Wallace

A couple of weeks after we got Wallace, we were out on a walk with him and a guy passing by asked him name. After I told him, he remarked that Wallace looked a lot like Tin Tin's dog, Snowy. I had never read any of the Tin Tin books (nor have I seen the movie) but I was familiar with the characters, as I'd admired merchandise of Tin Tin and Snowy before.

So, this got me thinking: I should find a plush Snowy dog! (for myself, not for Wallace. Wallace would tear it to shreds in an hour.)

I looked online on amazon.com and eBay, but didn't find any that I liked at a reasonable price. There were a few that were cute, but were over $40. More than I wanted to spend.

A couple of weeks ago, I drove by a pet store in Noe Valley and noticed that they had a plush Snowy doll in the front window! I took a mental note of it, and planned to check it out another time.

Wallace and I took a walk to that store last week. When we arrived, I found out that the plush Snowy doll was for display only and not for sale. Bummer!

That's okay, Wallace and I took the opportunity for a photo op of him with Snowy while we were there. The people who worked there were very nice about it! :)


Wallace is not too sure about Snowy


"How much is that doggie in the window?"

I came home and checked out eBay.com again. Lucky for me, someone had recently listed a small plush snowy, the exact style that I had seen at the pet store, and it was a very reasonable price (at a "Buy it Now" options, so not having to go through any bidding wars!). I showed it to Dick, who chuckled, and had to admit that it did look like Wallace.

Our new Snowy plush arrived today. He's super cute. Poor Wallace doesn't understand why I won't let him play with Snowy. :)




No comments: