Monday, July 18, 2016

My Fundraising Letter for the 2016 Immediate Impact Walk

Dear friends and family,

Summer greetings from foggy and chilly San Francisco! For those of you who may not have heard, Dick and I moved back to San Francisco from Bellevue, WA in March. Although we enjoyed our time in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, we are both very happy to return to our home in San Francisco.

I apologize if you had not heard the news of our return directly from me before. Life has been quite busy and a little more complicated this year, and I haven’t been quite as good about sharing news as I usually am.

On that note, I’m also a bit late in sending out my fundraising letter for this year’s Immediate Impact Walk in San Francisco.

You may have been wondering whether or not I'd be participating in the Immediate Impact Walk again this year.

The answer is: YES!!

The 2016 Immediate Impact Walk will once again be a one-day, 20-mile event held in San Francisco on Sunday, October 2nd. This is the fifth year of our local, all-volunteer event, and I’m very proud to once again be a part of something so special.

This is my fifth year walking in the Immediate Impact Walk and my seventh year participating and raising funds for breast-cancer related walks. Over the last four years since it’s inception, the Immediate Impact Walk has granted $443,500.00 to three local beneficiaries who provide services and funds to low-income and under-served people living with breast cancer.

Over the last four years, YOU have helped me raise over $59,000!!

You may recall that the first three years of the Immediate Impact Walk was a 3-day, 55-mile walk. Due to various circumstances, last year we simplified several aspects of the walk to be a one day, twenty mile walk. In this scaled down format, we were able to spend less money spent on vehicles, food, lodging, permits, ceremonies and other large multi-day event-related expenses. The new format worked very well and we realized that we were still able to raise sizable funds while spending less money on event-related expenses.

Although the scope of our event may be simplified, we are still as committed as ever to raise critical funds for our three local beneficiaries: The Breast Cancer Emergency Fund, Charlotte Maxwell Complimentary Clinic and Friend to Friend Fund - Partners in Care at UCSF Mt. Zion. Each of these wonderful organizations provide services and funds to low-income and under-served people living with breast cancer. You can learn more about our event and our beneficiaries here: https://www.classy.org/events/2016-immediate-impact-breast-cancer-walk/e75033

Our Event Fundraising Goal is $110,000.

My personal Fundraising Goal is $7,500.

I am writing to once again ask you for your support. Please help me to raise my goal of $7,500. Any amount is appreciated, and no amount is too big or too small. Last year, I had donations as small as $5, and as large as $1,000! If you are unable to donate, that's okay, too – I appreciate your support in any way that you are able to give it.

Please follow the link below to visit my personal fundraising Web page and make a donation.
http://classy.org/trinachow2016

When you donate, there is an option for donors to cover the processing fee for their donation. Last year, we paid $4,000 is processing fees. If you are so inclined, please select this option when submitting your donation so that we can make sure that your total donation dollars will go towards our beneficiaries.

The event is just 2-1/2 months away. I’m a little late in sending out my fundraising letter, but I’ve already started training with my team over the last several weeks.

This will be my seventh year of participating in breast cancer related fundraising walks. I am once again positive that with your support and encouragement, it'll be yet another amazing season and event!!

Thank you for your support and consideration.

With Gratitude,
Trina Chow

No comments: