Thursday, April 14, 2016

Annie Leibovitz "Women: New Portraits"

Three weeks ago, I reserved advanced tickets for the Annie Leibovitz Show: "Women: New Portraits" at Crissy Field in the Presidio. It's a good thing I got them when I did (thanks for the heads-up, Philip), as I heard the reserved tickets were sold out within the next two days.

It's a free exhibit showing March 25 through April 17. You can still go without reserved time tickets, but will need to wait in line. I saw my friend, Judy, in line today. She had been waiting about 30 minutes and was pretty close to getting in.

I very much enjoyed the exhibit. The space is a repurposed old hangar in Crissy Field. The way it is presented is quite intimate. There is a single wall erected away from the walls of the building, containing three rows of portraits. Other than that, there are two large monitors rotating various portraits. There are several folding chairs arranged in the center area to allow the guests a place to sit while watching the monitors.

No comments: