Friday, October 23, 2015

Farm Fresh Eggs from Farmer Gina and her Girls

Remember the adorable baby chicks that Gina got back in May? Well, they are all grown up now, and just started laying eggs about 3 weeks ago.

I went over to Gina's for a quick visit this morning. I haven't been to her place for a few weeks, so it was fun to see her, the dogs and the grown up chickens again.

Gina's husband, John, built the really amazing chicken coop. It's very fancy. These chickens are living the life! They also have an enormous farm on which to range all day long.

When I was there, there were four eggs in the chicken coop's egg laying box (that I could see). Gina says she's averaging 5-6 eggs a day. That's pretty amazing, considering she has six chickens. They are all doing a good job at paying their rent!

Gina sent me home with a dozen eggs. She said that some of them were just laid this morning! Dick and I are very excited to try them. I think we'll have Grandpa Chan's Egg Foo Young tonight, and probably omelets for breakfast tomorrow. Mmmmm... Yummy!!

Thanks for the eggs, Gina!!


Free Ranging Chickens


the two white hens visiting Terminator and Gina


Sneaking a peek at the four eggs in the egg laying box


Anne demonstrates her fancy food dispenser


Thanks for the eggs, Gina!

No comments: