Sunday, September 13, 2015

Glassblowing Fundraiser at glassybaby!

On Saturday night, eleven of my friends and I participated in a glassblowing class at glassybaby in Madrona. 10% of all of the sales from the evening (the class, as well as any glassybaby purchases) will be going towards my fundraising for the 2015 Immediate Impact Walk.

It was a very fun evening. This was my third time taking a glass-blowing class over the last six years. It's such a difficult art form, and awfully intimidating (molten glass, and all).

All of our instructors were very nice, helpful and patient. We had three instructors giving us each one-on-one lessons. It took just over 2 hours for each of us to make make it through the rounds. At the end, we all created our own glassybaby masterpieces! We had the choice of making a small bowl, a paper weight, a float, or a tumbler. I think we all chose either the bowl or tumbler.

The glass pieces will take a few days to cool in special ovens that regulate the temperature. I will be picking up our pieces on Wednesday of the week. I'll post photos of the final products once I've picked them up.

I took a few photos from the evening, and borrowed a couple of Paula and Lora that they had posted after the event. I wish I had more photos of individuals during their lessons, but it was difficult to take photos while staying out of the way, and finding time to shop! :)

My thanks to all who came Saturday night. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

I'm just sent an email out to glassybaby to see how much money we raised Saturday evening. I'll post the total up here as soon as I find out.






















No comments: