Friday, January 02, 2015

For Terri

My most dear friend, Terri, passed away late last night on her 46th Birthday.

My heart is so heavy with grief. She has been my best friend since we met in first grade, 39 years ago.

Terri was diagnosed with Lymphoma almost five years ago, and had gone through several series of chemotherapy, radiation, and two separate stem cell transplants.

I am grief stricken for Terri's husband of 20 years, Derek, and their two children, Deacon and Maren. All of my love, thoughts and strength is being sent their way.

I love you, Terri, and I can't imagine a world without you.
Our friendship has been one of the most amazing gifts of my life, and I'll be forever grateful for all the memories that we have shared together. I remember the very first day we met in January of first grade, and the time you told me how proud you were of me when I did my report on the Bald Eagle. I remember our field trip to the zoo, and the bus rides home together. I remember playing at your house that summer, and listening to your Mom play the piano. When you moved away at the end of that summer, we became pen pals and would continue to write letters to each other through high school and college. I always knew what a special friendship we had, even when we were so young.

here is a blog post I wrote about our friendship when I went to visit Terri and her family in 2013.

You'll always be in my heart, my beautiful friend.
I love you, and I miss you already.


Terri, Trina and Tiffini, Summer of 1977


at Terri and Derek's wedding, 1994


The day after my wedding, 2005


November 2013 - my visit with Terri and her family in Burbank

2 comments:

kimi said...

I'm so sorry to hear the sad news, Trina. This is a beautiful tribute to your friendship and memories with Terri. I remember that you sat us at the same table at your wedding and she was absolutely lovely. We really enjoyed meeting her and Derek, and talking with them about their kids. I followed her blog of news for a little while, too. Such a wonderful person and always a good friend to you and a great mom to her little ones. Everyone is going to miss her so much. My heart goes out to each of you. xoxo Kimi

www.christinadudley.com said...

Oh, Trina. So sorry! She must have been wonderful, and what a gap she is leaving in many hearts!