Thursday, November 20, 2014

SFO --> AKL

Our flight on Air New Zealand was terrific! Very nice plane, very good food, and seats that turn into beds, complete with a mattress!! (Yes, we booked business class seats.)

As expected, we did get the Hobbit themed safety video. ( http://youtu.be/qOw44VFNk8Y )

We had dozens of movies to choose from, including all of the "Hobbit Tales". I watched one movie ("Boyhood, which I've been wanting to see") from take-off through our dinner. After that, I read my kindle and fell asleep for about 7 hours! Wow!

Woke up in time got breakfast, while I watched the end of "Guardians of the Galaxy", which I had started during our Seattle to San Francisco flight on the first leg of this trip.

Happily, we landed on time, hot all of our luggage, and were picked up and brought to our hotel. I didn't see much of the Auckland airport, but I did see this statue of a dwarf. :)

I'll have to hunt down Smaegol when we come back through Auckland at the end of our trip. :)

It's 7:30am now. Time for a little breakfast before we had out up explore Auckland! :)











No comments: