Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Final Letter to my Supporters: 2014 Immediate Impact Walk: Final Donation Report

Dear Friends and Family,

Yesterday was the last day to donate to the 2014 Immediate Impact Walk. The final numbers were tallied earlier to day, and I'm thrilled to share the final results with you!

50 walkers and volunteer crew raised a total of $165,806 for the 2014 Immediate Impact Breast Cancer Walk!!! AMAZING!!

My deepest gratitude to all of YOU for helping me raise $15,639!!
I remain absolutely thrilled, humbled and amazed that all of you continue to help me raise so much money each year for this cause.

A couple of years ago, I was talking to an acquaintance about the amount fundraising that I do for this walk. When I told her how much I had raised in the year prior, she said, "Wow. You must have a lot of rich friends."

I actually took offense to that, and I told her, "No, I have a lot of very generous friends."

The difference is this:
I'm very proud that for the past five years, I have over 100 individual donors each year. My donations this year ranged from $10 to $1,000. I appreciate every donation, no matter how large or small. Everyone gave what they can. My mantra is: every dollar really does make a difference. YOU have helped us make a difference.

Grant checks will be presented to our four event beneficiaries on December 6th.
We are truly changing lives. By foot. With heart.

I wanted to share this graphic with you. It shows the top 10 fundraisers for this year's event. It also shows the amount raised for the General Event Fund, which will help offset event costs so that more money can go directly to our beneficiaries.



You'll see that the top 10 fundraisers each raised more than $6,000 each! This is simply astounding! We were obligated to raise a minimum of $1,000 for each day that we walked during the three day event. Some of us walked three, some walked two, and many walked one. Everyone went well above and beyond raising the minimum amount. Every walker worked so hard to raise funds. We write letters, pass out information cards and host fundraisers. Personally, my fundraisers have included the WGI Snark Jar, zazzle card sales (http://www.zazzle.com/trinachow*) glassybaby events and sales, raffle drawings, etc., Other walkers have hosted huge garage sales, bake sales, raffle prizes, jewelry sales, and even dance classes. We believe so much in what we are doing, and we know that this money will go directly to people in need.

For more information about The Immediate Impact Walk, and our beneficiaries, please check out our website:
http://immediateimpactwalk.org

You can also go to my blog to see many photos and posts from our entire season of training through the event:
http://trinachow.blogspot.com/search/label/Immediate%20Impact%20Walk

I wanted to thank all of you one last time for helping us reach this extraordinary achievement. It was, once again, an incredible experience for everyone involved. We couldn't have done it without you.

Thank you all again for your incredible support, encouragement and generosity. Together, you helped us all make an Immediate Impact!

With Love and Gratitude,
-Trina

No comments: