Monday, May 05, 2014

Small World Warming Hut Hottie Story

So, this happened this morning...

Dick and I went down to the beach area of the resort where we are staying in Maui. We got down there pretty early, and grabbed some lounge chairs and an umbrella towards to end of the beach. Dick went out to snorkel, and a few moments later, a nice lady took the two lounge chairs next to us.

We exchanged the normal pleasantries: names, where we're from, what we do, etc.,

When she asked where we lived, I replied with Seattle. She looked a little surprised, before I followed up that we had just moved from San Francisco. She said she thought I looked like I would be from San Francisco.

Turns out that she and get husband live in Marin County, across the Golden Gate Bridge from SF.

Small World, right?

But wait... It gets better!

We continued to chat, and she asked me about my paintings. I had my iPhone with me so I started to show her some of my paintings. When I got to the Warming Hut Painting, I said something like, "You'll probably recognize this part of Crissy Field..." She said yes, and that she and her husband had participated in the Avon Breast Cancer walk in SF about 5 years ago, and that she had joined a team called The Warming Hut Hotties.

Well, of course, my jaw dropped, and I told her that I was a "Hottie", too!! I told her that I'm in my fifth year walking with most of the same people, and that we had formed the Immediate Impact Walk.

Pretty amazing coincidence!!!

For my friends who may remember, her name is Janet and her husband is Brian. I got her contact info, and sent her all the info about The Immediate Impact Walk. They may be interested in joining us this year! :)

No comments: