Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!



Of all of the holidays on the calendar, this is the one on which we clash:

He who doesn't believe in Valentine's Day. He who rolls his eyes. He who told me within the first few weeks of us dating that Valentine's Day is a Hallmark Holiday. He whose proudest Valentine's Day moment is when he flew to Japan 12 years ago, crossing the International Dateline, therefore skipping over Valentine's Day altogether.

versus:

She who loves all things Raggedy Ann. She who loves little hearts - especially the ones which say "I Love You".

So, every year, I give my love a Valentine, and every year he rolls his eyes just a little bit. It doesn't bother me, though. I understand where he's coming from, but I won't let that stop me from giving him a card! :)

This morning, as Dick was making me breakfast, I gave him his annual Valentine. And for the first year, I got a genuine smile. I finally found the perfect Valentine's card for my husband.

You see, every weekend, we make breakfast for each other. Dick's "Big Country Breakfast" in which he makes scrambled eggs, bacon, and grits, and I make homemade biscuits. It's one of our favorite things to do together, and is one of Dick's very favorite meals.

The Valentine's Card I found for him has a Valentine's Breakfast on the cover. What better way to express my love to him. :)

Happy Valentine's Day! :)

No comments: