Thursday, June 17, 2010

We've crossed the $4,000 mark!


Goal: $4,000.00
Achieved: $4,055.00

We did it!

Today, with the support of all of my sponsors, we surpassed my second fund-raising goal of $4,000.00!!!

As of this moment, we've raised $4,055.00 so far.

The walk is the first weekend of October, so we still have 3-1/2 months to raise more money. I'm going to raise my fund-raising goal, again. I'll set it at $5,000.00, which would be amazing to reach! I still can't believe how quickly we reached $4,000.00.

I confess that I haven't trained in a couple of weeks. I came down with either a bad cold or allergies a couple of weeks ago, and am only now getting back into my regular work out routine. I plan to join a team-training either this weekend, or next, depending on how I feel tomorrow night/Saturday morning. It'll be a 12-mile training walk, so I want to make sure I'm in good enough condition to take it on.

I did attend the "Get Started" meeting for the walk on Tuesday down in Sunnyvale. Unfortunately, I had missed all of the meetings that had previously been held in San Francisco. It was a good thing to go to. They talked about the event, the history of it, as well as the Susan G. Komen Foundation. They gave tips on how to fund raise, how to train, and what to expect during the event.

They also showed a very powerful DVD about the event.

Here's a clip of the video:


I was able to talk with some people who had been through the event before, which was very helpful. There's a lot of planning that goes into getting ready for the event - both in training, as well as getting the right supplies and being mentally ready. It's a lot to do, and a lot to get prepared for! I'm thrilled that we've already raised so much money! It's one big thing that I can check-off my list of things to worry about. :)

Thank you all again for your generosity and support!
I'm keeping all of you with me as I continue this journey.

No comments: