Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Candy Land and Pot Stickers

This afternoon, I drove across town to try to check out the life-sized "Candy Land" that was put up on Lombard Street this morning.

It turns out that today is the 60th Anniversary of the game "Candy Land", and to celebrate, Hasbro Toys converted Lombard Street into a life-sized Candy Land game!

Unfortunately, I was out of town this morning and early afternoon. By the time I made my way across town (2:30pm), they were already tearing it down! Boo.

I found some photos on the web, which gives a good idea of what it looked like:


(photo from :: CandyLand on Lombard ::)


(photo from Lombard Street Candyland: Photos & Video From SF)

It's too bad I missed seeing it. Would have been fun to see in person.

All was not lost, though....

Since I was in that part of town, I decided to drop by my favorite Chinese Restaurant in the City, U-Lee. I figured visit Judy and her husband, Ken, and order an early dinner to take home for tonight. It's been 11 years since I lived in Nob Hill, and I really miss being so close to this restaurant.



While I was there, I noticed this banner which announced that U-Lee is considered one of the Top 100 Chinese Restaurants in the Country!! Congrats to U-Lee!!!

Looking forward to Pot Stickers and Tomato Beef Curry Chow Mein for dinner tonight! Yum!

1 comment:

mdtimbang said...

i heard this on the radio and wanted to check it out too but of course there's that thing called work that gets in the way. thanks for the u-lee recommendation!