There's this thing going around Facebook right now: write a list of 25 things about yourself, and send it along to 25 friends. It doesn't matter what it is, and is meant as a way for your friends to learn new things about you.
I wrote my list today.
Some of them have been seen here on my blog before, but some of them may be new to you.
I realize I haven't been blogging much lately. Between being sick (twice!) with the flu in January, busy with work, and being more active on Facebook, I'm afraid my blog has suffered a bit. I'll try to be better. :)
So, here's my list of 25 things...
1. I’ve been collecting Raggedy Ann dolls and related merchandise since I was two years old. I probably have over 400 dolls.
2. I have been featured (for my Raggedy Ann collection) in a Japanese Raggedy Ann & Andy Fan Magazine, and in a Target the Family magazine (for Target Stores).
3. I worked at John Deere for almost two years. (Yes, THE John Deere with the green tractors!)
4. I had more than 30 jobs between the ages of 16-25. (mostly temp jobs and and instructing guards)
5. Between the ages of 19-23, I moved around the country to audition for and perform with various color guards.
6. I’ve had 5 pet rats (separately) between the ages of 13-28.
7. I’ve never had a cup of coffee
8. I've had my own web design business for 12 years.
9. I have 8 body piercings.
10. My one and only phobia is of balloons. I hate the anticipation of the sudden, loud popping. I will literally walk out of a store if they are inflating balloons. Oprah has the same phobia!
11. I was diagnosed with Axial Myoclonus when I was 27. It rocked my world. It is mostly stable now.
12. I have a Bachelors of Fine Arts from the San Francisco Art Institute with an Interdisciplinary major.
13. I worked at an art gallery and sold vintage animation art. (and collect it, too!)
14. I attended the first MacWorld in January 1985, and I still go almost every year.
15. I met husband on my first and only blind date
16. I love to draw, sculpt and paint in oil and acrylic, but haven’t done any of that in years. I hope to rectify that this year.
17. I have “Xbox Mouth” - I totally curse whenever I play anything on the Xbox. It’s pretty funny, because it’s really the only time I ever curse.
18. I was the President of The French Club for two years in high school, which is ironic, because I can hardly speak any French at all.
19. I once drove from San Jose to Boston in under 5 days.
20. I have a friend who won one season of “The Amazing Race”, and another who has won one season of “Dancing with the Stars”.
21. I had an appendectomy when I was 37 years old (just over a year ago, for those of you who are counting!).
22. my most difficult year ever was 1997
23. one of my very best years was 1998
24. I believe in silver linings
25. I believe in serendipity