Thursday, April 24, 2008

I love Facebook

So, for those of you who don't know, Facebook is a social networking site. Once you've signed up, you can find friends, or friends can find you, and you can add them as "Friends" to your account profile. As a user of Facebook, you can change your "Status" to reflect anything that you might want people to know about what your doing.

For example:
Trina is blogging.

Once you're signed in, the Facebook Home page shows status updates for your friends, as well as a News Feed that shows recent activity. The activity might show recent comments your friends have made to your profile wall, photos that they have posted (or photos that your friends have been tagged in), or groups that they have joined.

This morning, I saw that a photo had been posted by someone that I don't even know. The photo had two of my friends tagged in it. (It told the name of the two people in the photo). Only, I had no idea that these two friends knew each other at all. And, this photo showed these two friends smooching!

I sent an email to Dick with a link to the photo asking:

Is this our xxx kissing our yyy?

He replied, "Yep!"

We laughed about it when he came home.

I emailed my friend "xxx" telling her about the small world that we live in. She thought it was hysterical, too.

Yep, you never know what you're going to learn about your friends on Facebook!

No comments: