Monday, April 21, 2008

Gas Prices


Here's a picture that I took as I passed a Chevron Station on the corner of Fell and Masonic today. Look at those prices!

When I was in the Mid-West, my friends asked me if gas in San Francisco was much higher than what we were paying out there. I'm looking at my receipt for gas that I bought in Dayton Ohio last Saturday. I bought regular unleaded for $3.24/gallon.

I told my friends that I actually don't buy gas very often, so I don't pay as much attention to the prices that I used to. I figured we were somewhere around $3.60 or so.

I think that the Chevron that I took this picture of is higher than average around here. Or, am I crazy? Are gas prices really all over $4 now?

One of the big perks of working from home: no commute. That's good for so many reasons.
Big perks for living in San Francisco: I can walk to most of my destinations (grocery store, post office, good eats, fun shopping, etc.,) and can take public transportation to get downtown.

I can't remember the last time I put gas into my MINI. Now granted, I've been on vacation off and on for the past month, but still, I know it's been at least 6 weeks since I had to buy gas. At these prices, that's a really good thing!

No comments: