Monday, April 23, 2007

Like herding cats...

Just got home from Vegas. We had such a wonderful time!

It turns out that traveling/making plans with 20 people is quite a challenge!

Dick equated it to "herding cats".

Just when you think everyone is "on board" and ready to leave...

"meow" (one of the cats strays...)

Then that cat is wrestled back into the herd, and...

"mew" (another cat gets distracted...)

Round up that kitty, and everyone starts moving along again, and...

"meep!" (yet another kitty falls behind...)

It was pretty funny, and all things considered, went really, really well!

I'm not saying that I was a "herder". I'm sure that I was just as much as a "cat" as anyone else! 20 is simply a lot of people to organize and keep together!

Now that I'm home, I'll offer a few closing remarks:

1. Happy 60th Anniversary, Grandma & Grandpa!
2. I LOVE my family.
3. Gambling at a poker table filled with family members is really fun.
4. Gambling with my family members in Vegas is a surreal experience.
5. What would we do without cell phones?
6. I think I'm addicted to Paigow. (thanks, Bruce.)
7. (and speaking of...) My cousin, the gambling pastor. enough said :)

An amazing trip that turned out to be even better that I ever imagined.

I'm so glad that we were all able to make it, and to celebrate the entire weekend as a family.

No comments: