Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Third Time's the Charm

We're heading out for Yosemite for a long weekend with my family! We leave tomorrow morning (Friday) and return on Monday.

We're going with my parents, and my sister and her boyfriend. It's the first family vacation we've taken since the 4 of us (Mom, Dad, Sis and me) went to Vegas in January 1999. Needless to say, this is the first time we've taken a family vacation with significant others, too!

Dick and Graham (My Sis' S.O.) have never been to Yosemite before. My sister hasn't been since High School.

I've been twice, but I have to say, I'm looking forward to having some nice Yosemite memories from this weekend.

The first time I went to Yosemite was in 1988 on a day trip with my (then) (now gay) boyfriend? Did you get that? I fondly refer to him now as my "gay ex-boyfriend". Every girl should have one.

The second (and last) time I went to Yosemite was in Spring 1998 with my (then) boyfriend. He had friends visiting from NYC, and the 4 of us went to Yosemite for a few days together. We drove up in one car, and rented a couple of cabins. Sounds lovely, right? Well, it was all fine and good until he decided to break up with me while we were on vacation in Yosemite. It wasn't pretty. There was fruit thrown (by yours truly) and a bruised arm (caused by said thrown fruit) - all this on day two of the vacation. Without a way back home (because we all came in the same car) I was stuck in Yosemite with a man who had just broken up with me, and his two friends who were just trying have a nice vacation.

Awkward, much?

Needless to say, Yosemite and I have some patching up to do on our relationship.

I'm looking forward to a fun-filled weekend with my hubby and my family. It's shaping up to be a great time! My parents booked rooms for us at the Ahwahnee Lodge, which should be spectacular! We'll also be celebrating Mother's Day with brunch on Sunday. The weather should be gorgeous, and the waterfalls should all be turned on by now. :)

If all goes well, Yosemite and I will have nice, new, happy memories this time around.
Let's see if I can make it through the entire weekend without having to throw any fruit at anyone. ;)

No comments: