Friday, May 26, 2006

Productive Morning

I had a whole lot of stuff that I wanted to get done this morning....

I woke up early, took a shower, ate breakfast, drove Dick to the train station, then went to Safeway.

Dick and I are having some friends over for dinner this weekend, and Dick is making his famous Jamaican Jerk Chicken! I needed to get all of the key ingredients today so that he could make it tomorrow morning to marinate a full day. The key ingredient: habanero chilis. These have been notoriously hard (but not impossible) to find in the past. I figured I'd go to the Monster Safeway in Potrero Hill first, since they have such a good produce section. They did not have them in, but I was able to talk with the Produce Manager. He said he hasn't been able to find them to stock, and even called the produce manager at the Church/Market Safeway to see if they had them there. No luck. I did manage to buy everything else we needed, and decided to buy some Serrano Chilis as backups. While I was at the store, I noticed that they had my favorite Kitty Litter on sale (2 for 1) and Bacon (2 for $7) so I loaded up, and headed home. Oh - while I as at Portrero Center, I also stopped at the automotive store to buy some new windshield wiper blades :) On my way home, I checked out The Bell (grocery store) on 24th Street. They didn't have any habeneros either.

I got home at 10:00, and unloaded the car. My last effort was to call Bi-Rite on 18th. They've been known to have the Habeneros before. SUCCESS! They had them in stock! So, I drove over there, managed to find a parking spot across the street (no small feat) and bought 3 pepper. (better get an extra)

I also really needed to get my car washed before the holiday weekend. My poor MINI has been neglected lately, and was in dire need of a bath. I splurged and took her to the touchless was on Divisedero. She looks all shiny and nice now!

I have to go out to get my hair cut now.

What a productive day it's been so far - and it's only 11:00!

I love it when that happens....

No comments: