Thursday, April 06, 2006

Timber!

As I've mentioned before, we're having our fence rebuilt in our backyard. We've been at the mercy of the Rain Gods so far, and haven't had many non-rainy days for our contractor to work.

Our crew came at 7:30 this morning, and promptly let me know that one of the huge trees in our backyard had fallen from all of the rain. I hadn't noticed it from inside the house because the tree was being propped up by one of the fence posts. Luckily, we have no love for the two trees in the back - they always kind of creeped me out, so I honestly wasn't too sad to see one of them go. Our fence crew took their power saws, and cut the tree up to manageable pieces to be hauled off later on today. It really opens up the back corner of the yard, and I look forward to planting another tree there once our fence is complete. (If it ever stops raining)

No comments: