Sunday, April 23, 2006

Monday morning in Shanghai

Monday, April 24, 2006. 10:28am

Good Morning, from Shanghai!

Our flight from Tokyo to Shanghai went well. We were in the upper deck of a Boeing 747 jet. They had upgraded the seats in the business class since the last time that Dick came, so the seats were the same as the cool ones on the Airbus A330. (that should make Omar happy)

Aditya and Johnny met us at the airport and had arranged for a van to drive us to our hotel. We checked into our hotel around 10:00, and I promptly passed out by 11:00pm. Our arrival time seems to have worked perfectly. We both got a solid night's sleep, and woke up at 8:00am. We met Dick's colleagues downstairs for breakfast at 9:00. Their office is only about 10 minutes away, so I walked with them through a park most of the way just to get my bearings.

It's a gorgeous day here so far. We're staying in a section of town known as the French Concession. I think my plan for the day is to acclimate to the time zone, and just stay locally today. I also need some time to study up on Shanghai by reading my guide book. Tomorrow I plan to be a bit more adventures and travel out to The Bund, and other sections of the city.

We have dinner planned tonight with Dick's colleagues, and perhaps a massage afterwards.

No comments: