Sunday, April 23, 2006

Greetings from another airport!


We're in Tokyo! Well, we're in the NWA lounge at the Narita airport. We have a two hour layover until our connecting flight to Shanghai.

The flight was terrific! I think it was about 10.5 hours. We were in business class on a enormous Airbus A330. It was the best flying experience I've ever had. The seats were very close to laying flat for sleeping. I actually didn't manage to sleep much - probably less than an hour. I was plenty entertained, though, by watching 3 movies on the flight (via the on-demand movie screen) and playing solitaire (again, on the built in screen and remote). It was exceptionally cool. :)

I think the flight to Shanghai is another 3 hours or so. It's almost 5pm here on Sunday afternoon/early evening. We've crossed the International Dateline. Like my sister says, it's like being in part of one of those time-space continuum in Star Trek.

We're sitting here in the lovely NW lounge, enjoying the free wireless. (or, at least I am. Dick has now easily convinced his work colleagues that I'm more of a geek than he is.)

Dick was really excited to get to the lounge so he could pour himself a beer from the magical beer-dispensing machines. I was excited to get to the lounge so I could update my blog and post photos. Okay, I guess I am more geeky when it comes to some things.

No comments: