Tuesday, November 08, 2005

One of those weeks...

Why didn't anyone warn me that this week is: "All of your electronics will cause you problems" week?

Yesterday, it was my computer. (which seems to be working itself out)

Today, it's problems with the automatic litter box.

Oy.

What a pain.

On the whole, I'm still pretty happy with our Litter Robot. It works as advertised. The problems that we have with it have more to do with the size of our cats (Marcel is a BIG cat). If it were just Noe using it, we'd probably be fine.

But I digress...

Today, I thought I was being the responsible cat owner by washing down the litter box. It is truly my least favorite chore around the house. I got everything all cleaned up, but then noticed that the power lights were all blinking wildly. When I put the globe back on, it just kept on spinning.

Luckily, the Litter Robot comes with an 18 month warranty, which we're still covered by. I called the help line, and a very nice lady explained that it was probably a problem with the circuit board. She's sending me a new one, and claims it's easy to replace.

In the meantime, went down into the basement looking for the old, standard litter box. For the life of me, I couldn't find it. Instead, I found the old Litter Maid that my Mom gave us when she decided to switch Claude back to his regular box. Noe and Marcel used one for years, but when it died, I decided to give the Litter Robot a whirl (so to speak). I had to reassemble the darned thing, but finally got it back together. We'll use it until we see if the new circuit board does the trick.

...and here I thought I was just going to spend a half an hour or so cleaning the first litter box.

Those kitties should just learn how to use the toilet already!

No comments: