Monday, October 24, 2005

Where have all the split peas gone?

One of the benefits of living in a big city is that you can usually walk to all of your errands: the grocery store, the post office, the bank, etc,.

Today I went to the grocery store (a nice sized Calla-Bell Market) that I always go to. I was collecting ingredients to use for our favorite split pea soup.

bread: check
onion: check
garlic: check
herbs: check
green split peas....

um, where did all the green split peas go?
the shelf where they should be was totally empty.

is there some run on split peas that I'm unaware of?

So then I walked to the corner market.

No split peas there, either.

This means that I had to hop into my car, and drive down to 24th Street to the Bell Market there.

Split Peas: check
at last!

BTW: I also found out today that my local market has stopped carrying brown sugar.
WTH?

No comments: