Friday, October 07, 2005

Luxuriously Pampered

Oh my goodness.

Dick and I just had the most pampered experience ever.

My parents surprised with a treat about a month ago. They got us gift certificates for a salon/spa in Union Square called77 Maiden Lane. We were treated to spa packages that included a salon pedicure, manicure, full body massage and hair styling. I also threw in a waxing appointment to boot (hello!).

We were there for a total of 4 hours. It was simply amazing. I felt so pampered.

It was so cosmopolitan-chick. So urban-hip. So very Sex in the City. ;)

When we arrived, they printed out our schedules and gave them to us. They each listed the type of treatment, the name of person performing the treatment, and the time of each appointment. I had flashbacks to when you used to get your new class schedule each semester at school. Only, this was SO much better! We went directly from one appointment to the next. It was so cool.

I've only had one manicure and pedicure before, and this was Dick's first. The last time I had it done was 3 years ago when I was in a friend's wedding. That was at a nail salon in an outdoor mall in Monterey. I have to say that this experience was about 5000 times better (it was also a lot more expensive, but hey...).

That was such a generous and thoughtful gift from my parents. I know that it's something that Dick and I would not have thought to do for ourselves, and I'm so glad that we were able to do it.

Thanks, Mom and Dad!

No comments: