Saturday, April 02, 2005

Puttin' in time at 251 Post Street

I've been spending a lot of time at the building on 251 Post Street lately.

The Adler's Gallery is on the 5th floor. We're working on redesigning their 8-year-old site right now, so we've had several meetings lately.

This Wednesday, I spent a few hours at Takada Gallery on the 6th floor. Takada recently had a nice site designed for the gallery, but needed some one-on-one tutorials on Photoshop and Dreamweaver so he can do his own updates. It was a very productive meeting, and he plans to hire me a few more times until he feels more confident.

After my meeting, I walked down to the 5th floor to check-in with Cynde. She suggested that we should try to set up an appointment with the Bridal Salon on the 2nd floor while we had some time. When she called over, they were already booked for the rest of the day, but they suggested that we make an appointment for Friday when they start their 2-day trunk show.

Cynde and I went in yesterday afternoon. I liked many of the designs that they have (which hasn't really happened in any of the stores that I've gone to so far) but I especially liked the designer who they were featuring in their trunk show. We selected about 6 dresses to try on, but I put my favorite one on first. That was it - I found "the dress" :)

Let's hear it for Serendipity!

It's funny, because I thought we have been doing really well with this whole wedding-planning-timeline so far: we've booked our venue, the caterer, the photographer and the band. I figured 6 months was plenty early to start looking for a dress. Well, what do I know! The employees at the Bridal Store said that they'd have to pull some strings and put my order through as a rush to have it made in time. They said they like to plan on 6-9 months to have a dress made and delivered! That's crazy!

There's a really funny story about the style name of the dress that I really want to share. However, if I put it up on my Blog, Dick will know the style name (he already knows the designer) and he'll be able to see what the dress looks like. Oh well, too bad. Remind me, after the wedding, to tell you what the funny style-name story is.

No comments: