Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Mid-West Vacation

I'm heading out tomorrow for my semi-annual trek to the mid west.

I'll be flying into Chicago, and staying with my good friend, Tammy.
We'll be driving to Dayton, OH on Friday to attend WGI - Winter Guard International over the weekend. It'll be my 18th trip to the competition since 1986. Egads!

While we're in Dayton, we're going to take a sidetrip to Kentucky. The Gap Clearance Center is there (not to be confused with the Gap Outlet at Outlet Malls). This is very, very exciting. We always find loads of great buys there.

We'll head back to Chicago on Sunday, and will have dinner at our friend, Eileen's house.

I'll be in Chicago for 2 full days - Monday and Tuesday. On one of these days, we'll also have a chance to catch up with Jason, who just returned from 3 months in Austalia. Jason writes travel books and articles for travel magazines. His first book was recently released, and he's starting a whole new series now.

I'm really looking forward to this vacation. It's my chance to see so many old friends, all at the same time. Most of my color guard friends still attend WGI each year, and I'm so happy that we get to spend time with each other year-after-year.

Dick will be staying at home all of this time, of course. For some reason, he doesn't seem to be very interested in coming to Ohio with me to watch color guards! ;) I'm sure he'll be up for some Xbox Live if anyone is interested!

No comments: