Wednesday, November 24, 2004

A Better Day :)

Had a good day today. (and it's only 4:00!)

I had a very good meeting this morning with a new cient: UCSF Medical Center. I'm going to be doing a site for a group there. It's going to be a fairly large project, so I'm excited to take it on.

I also had a lucky moment today.

I went to the Cartoon Art Museum today to pick up some art and animation pieces that I had loaned them for the Johnny Gruelle exhibit. I met my friend, Andrew there - he was the currator of the exhibit. I was excited because I found a metered parking spot right on the street in front of the museum. The meter had a sign saying it was for passenger loading only during the hours of 9:00am - 3:00pm. I got there at 3:00, so I figured that the spot had only opened up for regular use. I also noticed the street cleaning sign, and read that I was clear from those times as well. The meter was only a 30 minute meter - another reason why I figured the space was available. (do you see where this is going?) I met Andrew, and we went up to the offices, signed our stuff out, and I decided to help Andrew load his car first, since he had so many pieces. I got back to my car at 3:15, and saw an officer getting ready to write a ticket. I questioned him, and pointed to the sign on the meter (saying that I could park there after 3:00) He pointed up and across to another sign that was bent and hard to read stating that it was a tow-away zone from 3:00 - 6:00pm!!! Eek! Usually I'm really good about making sure to read all of the signs. The sign on the meter must have distracted me! Anyhow, it was all fine. He let me go without incident. But *phew*!!! I would have been so sad (and upset) to have walked out, expected to see my beloved MINI, and for it not to be there!

...I'm taking a moment to thank the universe right now...

No comments: