Sunday, November 18, 2018

Happy Sunday Before Thanksgiving!!

I just realized: Today is the Sunday before Thanksgiving!

Why is the worth mentioning? Because 20 years ago, on the Sunday before Thanksgiving, I went in my first (and only!) Blind Date with a guy named Dick Craddock.

I lived a block away from where we live now, and he lived about 10 blocks away in the other direction. He called me that late morning, and we agreed to meet at a coffee shop on Castro Street. I told him that I'd be the short Chinese girl with a bob (hairstyle) and he told me he'd be the straight guy. 😉

We met at 4:00 for coffee/tea, and that went well enough that we decided to walk across the street to a restaurant called The Patio.

We talked about Star Trek versus Star Wars, Macs versus PCs (I was a Mac, and he had worked for Apple in the mid-80s, which was crazy-dreamy for me), and all kinds of fun and geeky things.

By 7:00 we called it a night, as I specifically remember him saying that he wanted to get home in time for The Simpson's and The X-Files, since he hadn't set his VCR to tape them.

We had our first official date a couple of weeks later, but I always choose to remember the Sunday before Thanksgiving as the date to celebrate the day that we met.

The Moral of the Story: Sometimes you have to take a chance and go outside your comfort zone. You never know how it could change your life and what amazing adventures you may have!

Happy Sunday before Thanksgiving! ❤️




No comments: