Saturday, January 20, 2018

Instant Pot Biscuits & Sausage Gravy

Dick has been on a quest to find Biscuits and gravy as good as Voula's, our favorite in Seattle. We've been all over San Francisco, and have found a good one in Sonoma, but none have been great yet.

I found this recipe for Biscuits and Sausage Gravy for the Instant Pot:

https://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/instant-pot-sausage-gravy/


It turned out really good!! Not as good as Voula's, but Dick liked it more than any other that we've found. The consistency of the gravy was great, and the flavor was really nice.


I knew it would be all about the sausage. I used fresh breakfast sausage patties from Whole Foods. It was good, but not quite what we are looking for. There was a sweetness to it from maple syrup mixed in. I think next time I'll make it with their Italian Spicy sausage that we use for some recipes and we like. Does anyone know what the difference is between breakfast sausage and other sausage? I think it may be what we're really going for.


I made biscuits from Bisquick, which I haven't made in a long time, but I used to make all the time. I may experiment with other homemade biscuit recipes just for fun.






Sent from my iPhone- please ignore any inadvertent  autocorrect typos. :)

No comments: