Thursday, November 09, 2017

Eyvind Earle Exhibit at the Walt Disney Family Museum

JD and I went to the see the "Awakening Beauty: The Art of Eyvind Earle" at the Walt Disney Family Museum today. The exhibit was beautiful. Actually, I find I very have very much enjoyed all of the special exhibits that I've seen at this museum over the years. I should probably get a membership!

I've always enjoyed Eyvind Earle's art, but admit that it has been several year since I've seen any of his original pieces in person. Now that I'm back to painting, I was really taken aback by the beauty and artistry of his original works. His ability to create lights and darks, his attention to detail, the original composition, etc., were really breathtaking.

Photos of the artwork never do an exhibit justice, but I took a few to document and to share a bit of the beauty of the exhibit.















No comments: