Wednesday, November 08, 2017

A "Trina Chow" at the Diego Rivera Gallery

Miguel and I went to the San Francisco Art Institute to see the newly installed Alumni Exhibition and so I could give him a tour of the campus.

The exhibition is really nice! It's a good amount of pieces, and shows well. When I spoke with the curator on Saturday, she had no idea how many pieces would be brought in from alumni. It looks like they could have easily handled more, but the pieces that they have display well in the space.

It's pretty cool to see one of my paintings hanging in the prestigious Diego Rivera Gallery!

One thing that I found amusing: It was no surprise to me that there were no other pieces at all that looked anything like mine. My style is not the typical, more avant-garde style that you usually see at SFAI. That's okay with me. :)

Looking forward to sharing the show with my family at the reception on Saturday afternoon!














No comments: