Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

We had such a nice Thanksgiving afternoon/evening at my parent's new home in Brentwood today. We had a nice size family meal of 13 - my parents, my Sis and Graham, Dick and me, my Auntie Lani, Uncle Rob, and cousins Kenneth and his wife Angela, cousin Cheri, and both of my Grandmas! Wallace also joined us for his first Chow Family Holiday! My parents (and their kitty, Nikolas) also surprised Wallace with a stuffed Turkey toy! :)

The food was amazing! Angela made lumpia (yum!) and brought shrimp, Mom made the turkey, and mashed potatoes, my Auntie made the mixed veggies, Dick and I made the stuffing and sweet potatoes and my sister made butternut squash soup and brought THREE (count 'em) desserts: pumpkin pie, banana cream pie and peach cobbler. SO yummy!!

I'm glad that I remembered to take photos today. There are some nice ones in here.

Happy Thanksgiving, and thanks to Mom and Dad for hosting. It was a really lovely day spent with family.


Wallace and his new turkey!


Grandma Chow and Grandma Chan


Dick, helping my Mom move the 23lb turkey from the pan to the platter to be carved


Mom expertly carving the turkey (her Dad would be proud)


Dad, Mom and Auntie Lani


Kenneth, Cheri and Dick


Angela, Uncle Rob and Tiffie, with a photobomb by Kenneth!


Mom carving the turkey, while Wallace supervises and happily helps out with any droppings on the floor


Tiff and Graham


Full family photo (Dick took the photo)


Chow family with both Grandmas


Mah family


The 2016 Thanksgiving Spread!


Grandmas!


My meal. There was nothing left. :)


Mom and Dad


Wallace was sleeping under the table during dinner


Tiff and Mom showing off the amazing banana cream pie!

No comments: