Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Visiting my Alma Mater

Dick and I had breakfast this morning in my old neighborhood (Polk Street/Nob Hill).

After breakfast, we drove around a bit, then decided to visit my old art school, The San Francisco Art Institute.

It's a beautiful day today, which made the views from the rooftop even more amazing.

I was pretty nostalgic today, which had never really hit me before. It's been over 20 since I attended school there. What struck us both is how much of both the school, and the surrounding area hasn't changed at all. That was quite refreshing, given how much change/construction has happened in so many parts of San Francisco.


The Diego Rivera Fresco, painted for the Art Institute in 1931


Info about the mural


heading down towards some of the studios


Dick, on the rooftop deck, in front of the original building and the old tower


I used to joke that our tuition money went towards these views!


another side of the panoramic view - the Bay and Alacatraz


looking down at part of the campus and the Walter MacBean Gallery


just like old times


more views


The digital media center - built in 1995, my first semester, and a large part of the reason why I applied to go to SFAI.

No comments: