Monday, March 21, 2016

Souvenirs from Seattle Friends

We are almost done unpacking/reorganizing from the move.

We finished the kitchen today, which was a big feat. We had Spencer's stuff stocking the kitchen, so it wasn't as huge a rush as the rest of the house. It sure is nice to have all of our things here again!

I unpacked a couple of really sweet and thoughtful souvenirs from Seattle that some friends had given to us before we left.

Martin and Celeste gave us a pair of Starbucks Seattle mugs. They are really cute! I love the colors and design. It's very fitting, of course, since Starbucks is from Seattle, and really a bit ironic that we've never had mugs from them before (I have several friends who collect these from cities worldwide!).

Our last night in Bellevue, our "gang" (Paula, Reeves, John, Gina, Dan and Nicole) gave us this really beautiful Space Needle Peppermill!! It is an awesome souvenir from Seattle!! I had first spotted it last Summer in the Space Needle Gift Shop, and I remember telling Gina that I would want one once I was moving back to San Francisco. I'm amazed that she remembered! It's a beautiful piece, and very useful, too! I love how it's so symbolic of Seattle, yet subtle at the same time. It's hand carved by a wood artisan who lives in Seattle.

Thank you, friends, for the very thoughtful gifts from Seattle! We'll think of you and our time in the Pacific Northwest whenever we use them.

No comments: