Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Starting new painting: "Speakeasy"

I had about an hour this afternoon to start my next painting with Dean. This is a photo from the Speakeasy we went to in Grand Central Station. I love the colors, lighting, and composition.

It took a while to figure out the vanishing point, which in this case, is off to the right side if the image. We had to extend the side of my photograph and canvas to plot the point and draw the lines from there.

Once we got that technique figured out, I spent the rest of the time measuring and drawing lines. Times off to a good start- at least the lines look right, and are recognizable! :)

Once I got the lines in for the windows, and the bar, I was also able to quickly add the figures.

BTW: it seems I like to paint bars. Kind of ironic, since I hardly drink, right? ;)

No comments: