Friday, May 29, 2015

Progress on my CalTrain/Girl with the Pink Umbrella Painting

At last, I had a painting session with Dean today and painted for the first time in over three months. It was long over-due, and felt so great to be painting again.

This was my second session on the CalTrain/Girl with the Pink Umbrella painting. I haven't decided on the name of it yet. We'll see how I feel as it progresses.

Here's the original photo and what it looked like after my first session in February.

Today, I worked on the sky, the train, the area to the right of the train, the yellow stripes, and finally the people. It was a good session of just adding paint and contrast to the canvas.

I'm super happy with how it's coming along. I really like the composition of this piece so far. It'll be a while until I'm able to work on this piece again, so I'm planning on starting another painting back in Bellevue soon.




session 2

No comments: