Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Rose

When Dick and I come home to San Francisco, we almost always try to go to La Taqueria on Mission Street for the best burritos in town. We've been going here for well over 15 years together.

The place is always crazy busy. If I'm really lucky, we'll see the owner working at the register. Whenever I do see him, which hadn't been in a long time, he gives me a huge smile. He calls me Beautiful, asks how we are, we catch up quickly (because there's always a long line) and he pulls a rose out of the case that he keeps by the register. He trims off the stem, and thorns, and gives me the rose as I leave.

I don't see him very often, but when I do, his sweet gesture has always been so appreciated, and makes me so happy. :)

So yes, we had burritos for lunch, and I was the lucky girl who came home with a rose.

No comments: