Friday, February 14, 2014

Elfa Closet System!!!

Oh, Happy Day!

Today, I had an Elfa Closet System installed in our Master Closet of our apartment.

The closet of our Master Bedroom is quite large, and frankly, the largest closet I've ever had. Large as it was, it didn't make very good use of the space, as it only had a single shelf, and a single clothing rod going around the parameter. We also had all of our shoes laying around on the floor of the closet.

About a month ago, I went to the Container Store, and designed an Elfa closet system. I waited until January, knowing that they would be having their 30% off Elfa Sale.

I really love the Elfa system. Dick and I designed and installed one of these systems in our old house in San Francisco about 11 years ago. It's such a clever system, only requiring one rod to be secured to the wall, with the rest of the components hanging down from it.

Everything was delivered and installed today, and it is really fabulous. We don't have many shelves in the rest of the apartment, so we installed many shelves in the closet. We still have plenty of hanging room, as the other two (smaller) walls still have the clothing rod.

I think we'll make a small change, and exchange two of the shelves for one longer clothing rod for Dick's shirts, so that they aren't too cramped.

I love an organized closet!

If you have any interest, I just noticed that The Container Store has extended their 30% off sale on all Elfa products through March 2nd.


before


before


after


after

No comments: