Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A little bit of progress on the Market Street Painting



I worked a little more on my Market Street Painting today. I lightened up the sky quite a bit. I just mixed a couple of blues, didn't add any black, and painted over the existing sky area. Looks much better, I think.

I also added a whole lot of whites/lights all over just to start suggesting the idea of the light against the darkness. It's not precise, but I think it helps to add clarity to the buildings and to the street.

There's still plenty of work to be done. One of the hardest/biggest things to do yet is to figure out the vanishing point for the windows in the left building. Once that's done, I'll be able to get those windows in (or, at least suggestions of them), which is a large portion of the painting.

So far, I'm really happy with how the bus is turning out. I think there are some nice color blocks in there, and that there's a decent sense of motion.

I won't be able to paint for several days, so I'm glad I got this session in today. :)

No comments: