Monday, October 07, 2013

Pool Painting #2: Third Session


Pool #2 - Session 3

It's been almost 4 weeks since I last painted, and it sure was nice to get back in the saddle.

It was the third session of the Pool #2 Painting. I worked mainly on the figure - first correcting the proportion, shape and colors of the shirt (had to make it a lot darker, since it's in the shadow of the hat) then on the rest of the body as well. I added a lot more colors in the body. It's amazing how many colors can go into a skin tone! I still have a lot to learn about color, but I feel like I'm making progress.

I also worked on the pool - added more texture and color. I also darkened the orange wall in the background. It was a little too bright before, and contrasted with the colors in the hat.

Finally, I made the hot pink in the hat and ball brighter.

It's not quite done, but pretty close.

I think it looks better, and has more dimension. I brought it home and showed Dick, and he's not sure if he likes it as much anymore. He thinks it may be too dark. I'll have to sit with it for a few days and see how it feels.

No comments: