Tuesday, January 01, 2013

New Year's Day meals

Happy 2013!

I realized that my first blog post of each year is usually titled "New Year's Day Dinner". It's always the same thing: a photo of our annual traditional New Year's Day Dinner: Collard Greens, Black-Eyed Peas, and Carolina BBQ Pulled-Pork. (There are several interpretations that I've found for what each item represents. Some say the greens represent paper money, and the black-eyed peas represent coins. Others say that the greens represent wealth, and the black-eyed peas are for luck.)

This year, I'm mixing it up!!

I'm including a photo of our traditional New Year's Day Breakfast, too! :)
I know - I'm living on the edge.

It's a nice way to start off a new year. :)


New Year's Day Breakfast


New Year's Day Dinner

No comments: