Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Dolores Street Painting - Almost Done!

After a 3 week break for the holidays, I continued my painting lessons with Dean today.

I'm very happy with the continued progress on my latest painting of Dolores Street at the corner of 22nd Street. We did a lot of work on it yesterday, and I think it's nearly complete. I think it'll be done by the end of my session next week.

We started on the sky and clouds by making the blue a deeper, richer color, and playing with the shapes of the clouds a bit. I also added some white/color to the clouds for more contrast.

I spent a good amount of time on the frontmost palm tree. I added more color and dimension to it, and tried to focus more on the lights and darks, and the actual shape of the palm fronds.

Dean also helped me with the second building, to the right of the grocery store. We had altered this building considerably from the original photo, and I needed add detail and color to it.

I also put in a little more detail on the lamp post, the electrical pole, and both of the stop lights.

Next week, I'll add a little more detail around the corner shop, and work a bit more on the street and shadow.


Dolores Street Painting, after Session #6

No comments: