Today was the third session of the Dolores Street painting that I'm working on. It was one of those sessions where I didn't necessarily feel like I was getting much done, but in the end, I could see some definite change.
We blocked a bit more color today, making the color values a little more noticeable. I primarily focused on the building, adding more shadows and variations, checking the lines, and filling in more darks. I also added more darks into the trees and background buildings. I added a little more definition in the sky, which defined the clouds a bit more. I've never done clouds well, so this was a great new technique to learn. (add color around the clouds, rather than paint the clouds themselves.) I also added a little more color to the pavement.
There's plenty more work to do, but it's progress... :)