Monday, November 21, 2011

Stuck Truck





In my 16+ years of living in San Francisco, I've only witnessed this happening twice: a (very large) moving truck getting stuck on a (very steep) San Francisco Hill.

The first time I saw this was at the intersection of Union and Leavenworth. A very steep hill.

Today, we saw this on Diamond and 21st Street in Noe Valley. Poor guy. I think it had just happened. The driver was still in the cab, trying to move forwards, but his wheels were slightly lifted from street level, and just kept spinning in place.

I always feel bad for movers in large moving trucks - I can't imagine driving those things in San Francisco. Plus, you gotta figure that some of these trucks are coming from other parts of the country where they can't imagine how steep our hills are.

No comments: