Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Lemon #2 and Lemon #3

Dick and I have had our lemon tree for about 10 years now.

Unfortunately for the lemon tree, I didn't take such great care of it for the first several years, yet it managed to survive.

When we completed the big backyard project in the condos 3 years ago, the lemon tree was repotted and severely pruned. I also learned how to feed and care for it properly. It grew well after that, but never produced any fruit. We were afraid that all of the trauma may have left it barren.

Things picked up for the lemon tree when we moved to our new home last year. It has a great, sunny spot on the deck and my parents set it up with a drip irrigation system. it flowered happily, and has been growing fruit buds for several months.

Today, I picked Lemon #2 and Lemon #3 from our happy little lemon tree. Lemon #1 was actually picked (and used) a couple of months ago, but I neglected my duties of documenting the historic event.

Now to be sure that we actually eat/use the lemons! ;)
We're planning our dinner menu around them right now. :)

No comments: