Saturday, July 16, 2011

Today's 12.5 mile Training Walk


Today's Route

Well, for once, I think my GPS app was fairly accurate. Today's walk was planned out to be 12.5 miles, and I came in at 13.6. Still off by a mile, but at least that's closer to what was planned, and also possible. :) I never turn off my GPS during rest stops, or during our lunch stop, so the info is always a little skewed.

It was a cold, foggy Summer day here in SF. I usually shed my many layers while we walk (usually a tank top, short or long sleeved shirt and a light-weight jacket) but today, everything stayed on the whole time. It was actually quite nice to walk in this weather - never got hot. :)

The excitement for the day came from the new grocery store stop on our route - the new Fresh & Easy that only recently opened in the Richmond District. Overall, it seems like everyone was pretty happy with it. They had a really nice selection of prepared foods (the chicken curry salad that I had was particularly yummy!) and the prices were good. They also had self checkout, and a microwave to heat up food. On the downside, there weren't any tables or benches for us to hang out/eat at, and the bathrooms were less than great. (two stalls, and not particularly clean apparently, considering that they should be new.)


Fresh & Easy


I also wore my second pair of shoes for the first time today to break them in. (the 3Day suggests that you have 2 pairs of shoes for the weekend, with the second pair being at least 1/2 size larger since your feet will swell.) I've worn them a couple of times for my daily neighborhood walks (2.5-3 miles) but this was my first training walk in them. I liked them a lot, which is great, and my feet didn't rebel at all (no blisters, etc.,) which is even better. However, now that I looked them up online to get more info, I see they are sold out. Too bad. (I bought mine at the end of March, but didn't start wearing them until this month. Don't want to wear them out too much before the event in September.)


Today's Stats

No comments: