Monday, July 25, 2011

36-mile Weekend

WOW! What a walking weekend it was!!

I was too tired to post about it last night, and am a bit rushed to get this out before heading out to jury duty, so I'm just going to put in the bare-boned basics. :) For some reason, the maps from my GPS software didn't export well, so I took screenshots of the maps from my phone. It's smaller than usual, but still shows the route.

We walked 20 miles on Saturday, which turned out to be one of my favorite routes yet! We did a HUGE 20 mile circle around San Francisco. From Crissy Field, down the Embarcadero, through Mission Bay, up Potrero Hill, down to Dolores Park, UP 17th Street, through Golden Gate Park, and back into the Presidio. We went through so many microclimates, and saw so much great architecture along the way!


20-mile route



Sunday's 16 mile was was also pretty awesome - fewer people made it out, but we did have a lot of new people, too. We were all pretty tired from the day before, but everyone persevered through, and made it through the entire walk!

Special thanks to Judy, Alycia and Linda (and their husbands, too!) for the remarkable and always-appreciated route support this weekend. They were amazing and spoiled us with their delicious treats!


16-mile route



As always, thanks to Linda and the rest of the Warming Hut Hotties for planning and organizing such beautiful and thoughtful routes for us.

Update:

I almost forgot the funniest picture from Sunday!
Our Grand Poobah Hottie, Linda, noticed and made sure to point out to me:

No comments: