Sunday, May 01, 2011

Another 6 Miles


Today's 6-mile Training Walk

This was the first Saturday/Sunday training walk weekend of the season for the Warming Hut Hotties. I missed yesterday's 10-mile walk (still recovering from Birthday Festivities!) but was able to make it for today's 6-mile walk.


The Golden Gate Bridge - picture perfect at 7:30am

I know I keep saying this, but the weather was really fantastic today. Crystal clear skies, sunny, and warm. It probably got up to the mid-60s as we were walking this morning.

We met at 7:30am. When we arrived, we were greeted by a table of breakfast goodies by the wonderful Marsha, who was celebrating her birthday today! She drove all the way from Concord to deliver dozens of muffins and several gallons of orange juice to us! Apparently, she had brought them yesterday as well, but was able to participate in the walk then. I'm sure she had plenty of birthday plans to get home to today. Thank you, Marsha! I was also greeted by a lovely Birthday card from my fellow Hotties - how sweet, and unexpected! I love being a Warming Hut Hottie! :)


Marsha, and fellow Hotties, with Marsha's breakfast treats
Thank you, Marsha!!!


Today's walk took us through many parts of the Presidio. One thing that was pointed out to me today that I hadn't noticed before was the Pet Cemetery in the Presido. Actually, I'd seen the pet cemetery plenty of times last year, but what I hadn't noticed was that it has been protect from all of the construction going on around (and above it) from all of the Doyle Drive construction. The cemetery has been fenced off, but is protected.


The Pet Cemetery in the Presido

For the first time that I've walked this season, we completed right on time of our predicted completion. We had far fewer walkers today (maybe 12-15), and no lunch break, so our walk pace was back to what it normally is. We like to average around 3 miles per hour, not including potty and eating breaks. We were back to the Warming Hut by 10:00.


This morning's stats

No comments: