Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Today's Training Walk

I drove down to Saratoga today for another training walk with Carol and Melissa. They both live down in the South Bay, and teach at West Valley College, so it was my turn to drive a little to meet them.

We met at West Valley College and we off at 10:50am. I used to teach color guard at Saratoga High, as well as the local Middle School, but I hadn't been in this area in a very, very long time (to the tune of 20 years or so). I had forgotten how beautiful the hills in Saratoga are, and the spectacular houses that are tucked away out there. It made for a very scenic walk.

Melissa and Carol do this walk, or portions of it fairly regularly, but this was my first time with them. The first part of our walk brought us up to Villa Montalvo. I saw a concert up here years and years ago, but it was at night, and in the indoor venue. I don't think I had ever seen the grounds before. Really beautiful!


Villa Montalvo


Our 3-Day for the Cure Team!
Melissa, Carol & Trina


As we made our way through the Saratoga hills, we saw plenty of gorgeous houses and grounds. This was one one of my favorites - it was right out of a fairy tale!



I recently put a new app on my iPhone called RunKeeper - which uses the GPS in my phone to calculate time, distance, calories burned and minutes/mile. It also maps out the route of your walk/run.

I was also wearing a regular pedometer, which said we had walked 8.5 miles total.

My iPhone app put us at 9.43 miles, though. I'm not sure which one to believe. I think I'll choose the higher one, just cause it makes me feel good. :)


Today's total milage, time, calories burned, and average mile/minute.


Today's Training-Walk Route

It was really nice doing a nice, long training walk again with Carol and Melissa.

We've got 9-1/2 more weeks until the big event! Hopefully, we'll be all set to go by then.

No comments: